Friday, October 3, 2008

Blueberry cook off!! Aug. 1, 2008

We bought a BIG thing of blueberries and Jose and I decided it would be fun to play "Iron Chef" with the secret(or not so secret) ingredient Blueberries!! So we had to select judges....and there were three(and a half) willing judges!! Here is what we came up with!!



Jose's first dish was Blueberry smoothies...the kids LOVED THEM!!!


My first dish was Blueberry cream cheese muffins...with whipped cream on top!! YUMMY!!My next (and last dish) was Blueberry fruit pizza!! It was really good...if I don't say so myself!!

Jose's final dish was Blueberry cheese blintzes...These were really good...but the kids didn't really appriciate them quite as much as Jose and I did!! So all in all it was A LOT of fun!! Drum roll please.....Mom won by a land slide!! (I think it would have been different if we would have had adult judges!) We didn't have assistant chefs to help us...like on the show so we were tired by the end.... And we had to clean up the big mess...after the cooking!! :{ Needless to say our "Judges" didn't want much blueberry anything for a while after that!!

The BIG mess we made!!

1 comment:

jjcrew said...

You are so creative and fun! I look forward to doing something like that in the future. Sooo cool!
Love, Jenn

New Years backround

My Cute Kids

My Cute Kids
At the Portland Temple

Contributors